Thursday 18 March 2010

City of...Gosh that sounds a bit different

For this task we were given part of the opening sequence to the absolutely brilliant film, 'City of God'. With the original audio removed we had to use Soundtrack pro to create diegetic and non-diegetic sounds. I decided to use the sounds that were available on Soundtrack Pro. This was a really enjoyable task, having watched the film not long before I wanted to try and avoid recreating what I had already seen in the film which was quite difficult. It was great learning how to create an atmosphere using many different sound effects and making them work with the images provided. If I were to do a task like this again I would like to try and get a bit more creative, instead of just using sounds that match what the images show I would instead try to create a juxtaposition to make the audience feel slightly uncomfortable.

Unfortunately due to those pesky copyright infringement laws I'm not allowed to post the finished project on here. However, I can assure you, it's very good. Honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment