Thursday 18 March 2010

Going solo...

Tues 16th March

Today we started to plan our individual film projects. We watched a couple of short films made by current students at Bath Spa Uni and also a short film which really stood out to me by Stefan Nadelman called 'Terminal Bar'. Nadelman was lucky in the sense that his father was a photographer and had a wide archive of pictures he took whilst working in a bar in downtown New York. The film runs through the bar's history. The many different faces, the changes in trends, but also showed the similarities between all of the regulars who attend the bar. This really stuck out to me because I have worked in a bar and seen the people who go there everyday and it dawned on me that anything can be made in to a good story.

I kind of have an idea of what I would like to do my individual project on and am currently in the proposal stages.

No comments:

Post a Comment