Monday 10 May 2010

Lucifer's Dream Box Productions...The editing stages

I was really looking forward to editing this film. I had captured plenty of footage which may cause a bit of a problem with trying to fit everything in, but I had a good feeling about it. During editing this film I didn't really hit any major issues. I think my lessons have been learnt from working on Securus Viaticus! It was great being able to work on my own, any decisions that had to be made were only likely to be scrutinised by myself. I did have to cut quite a lot out which is a shame but time limits are there to stick to and that really is a major part in the editing process. I feel that I used Tess' music in appropriate parts of the film and I hope that I have managed to tell her story well. I am glad I managed to use one of her acoustic performances in Morrab Gardens, the song I chose to include was a cover of Bad Company-Don't Let Me Down. I am also happy with the way I managed to edit a certain part in good time with the music. When Tess is talking about her youngest son providing soundbites on some of her tracks I managed to time it so that the song playing in the background, 'Hackney Olympics' had her son saying..."Cool".

When people watch the film back I hope it gives them some inspiration to start getting creative, get musical. Maybe not going to the extreme of getting rid of your TV but at least switching off every now and then to do something productive. Tomorrow I have to create a DVD menu using iDVD and burn the film onto disc. I hope to create an extras menu containing the full acoustic performances Tess played down in Morrab Gardens. I also intend to use one of Tess' tracks for the menu, playing on a loop.

Here is my final edited piece. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment